- Guitar Wiring Upgrade Kits
- Guitar Parts & Accessories
- Quantity Lots & Sets
This Les Paul® wiring kit is truly an upgrade, containing only name brand parts including our own custom spec. TAOT CTS 525K Pots and New Old Stock - K40Y-9 Russian Military Paper in Oil capacitors.
Why consider 525K pots. Every pot is manufactured to a "tolerance" this means that it can deviate from the stated spec by a certain percentage and still be considered acceptable. As an example a standard 500K pot @ 10% tolerance can range between 450K and 550K and still be withing the stated tolerance. At 10% tolerance these pots can read between 475K and 575K ohms, but at 5% tolerance (included with this kit) these pots will be in what we consider the sweet pot between 500K & 550K.
Please read the following before you order:
1. As a general rule pre-1977 production Les Paul's, many of the historic reissue Les Paul's, ES series, PRS and Hamer guitars use short shaft pots. If you are uncertain whether your guitar uses short (3/8") or long (3/4") shaft pots, please double check before you order.
2. All parts in this kit use American not metric sizing. If you own an imported guitar (e.g. Japan, China, Mexico, etc.) the pots, switch and jack in this kit will not fit your guitar without enlarging the openings.
3. The switchcraft toggle switch comes standard with a flat nut, depending on the thickness of the body of the guitar (this includes most Les Pauls), you may need to use the "vintage-style" deep nut.
4. Returns are only accepted on this item if parts are unused.
I shopped long and hard for the right stuff to upgrade a Les Paul Standard. I was partial
to the Russian caps which are not available everywhere. This kit was everything I wanted
and at the lowest price by far. Just finished, tested and I'm amazed at the difference, especially with 50's wiring. Bill offers personal service and immediate responses to your
questions. I'll be back. Thank You! Dennis on 19th Apr 2015
I put this kit in A Lefty S.G. copy to replace the china electronics,Along with classic 57 plus pick up .Went from tone dead to Sweet & Creamy..Thank You Art Of Tone.Would highly recommend this Kit Gary . Unknown on 24th Jan 2015