- Guitar Wiring Upgrade Kits
- Guitar Parts & Accessories
- Quantity Lots & Sets
This wiring kit gives you all the compenents you need to improve the tone of your favorite Les Paul in a moderately priced kit that includes our own custom spec. CTS TAOT 525K pots.
Why consider 525K pots. Every pot is manufactured to a "tolerance" this means that it can deviate from the stated spec by a certain percentage and still be considered acceptable. As an example a standard 500K pot @ 10% tolerance can range between 450K and 550K and still be withing the stated tolerance. At 10% tolerance these pots can read between 475K and 575K ohms, but at 5% tolerance (included with this kit) these pots will be in what we consider the sweet pot between 500K & 550K.
A great kit for the money.
Please read the following before you order:
1. As a general rule post-1977 production Les Paul's (with a control plate), excluding historic reissue Les Paul's, use long shaft pots. If you are uncertain whether your guitar uses short (3/8") or long (3/4") shaft pots, please double check before you order.
2. All parts in this kit use American not metric sizing. If you own an imported guitar (e.g. Japan, China, Mexico, etc.) the pots, switch and jack in this kit will not fit your guitar without enlarging the openings to 3/8" diameter.
3. The switchcraft toggle switch comes standard with a flat and a deep nut, depending on the thickness of the body of the guitar (this includes most Les Pauls), you may need to use the deep nut.
4. Returns are only accepted on this item if all parts are unused.